Orthodontics, the specialty field of dentistry is an area that primarily deals with correcting misalignments and jawbone discrepancies. Patients will require orthodontic care at an early stage in their lives in order to achieve the smile they always dreamt of. A widely used orthodontic appliance are dental braces that go a long way to improve the alignment of the teeth. There are several other dental appliances used to rectify jaw discrepancies such as Aligners, Invisalign, and Veneers.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign are translucent aligners. Invisalign are used to correct the alignment of misaligned teeth and remove any gap between them. They are a brilliant alternative to the conventional braces. Invisalign are removable orthodontic appliances, hence this will give patients the liberty to have them removed when they have to brush and floss.
An innovative improvement in the field of dentistry has encouraged thousands of patients to have their teeth corrected and improved with the help of Invisalign. Their sensational finish the key reason why several patients prefer Invisalign to the traditional braces.
They are engineered with the help of 3D technology in labs once an impression of the teeth is taken from the patient. Dentist study and plan out a pattern of treatment before developing the aligners in the lab.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- A remarkable technology that allows patients to remove their appliances has paved a great way allowing them to be comfortable enough to just do any activity.
- Invisalign makes it easier to brush and floss properly even when you have to wear orthodontic appliances for treatment.
- As these appliances are removable, Invisalign gives patients the freedom to eat their favorite food.
- The translucent material of Invisalign makes it hard to notice that they are on. This helps to boost the confidence encouraging patients to initiate treatment without having to worry that they will have to wear dental appliances for treatment.
- Invisalign are comfortable to wear. This is because they are made out of ceramic or composite material. Their smooth finishing will be comfortable for the gums unlike the traditional braces whose wires or bands may stick out.
- Patients will not have to worry about loose wires or bands during treatment.
How long is the duration of treatment?
Wearing Invisalign is comfortable and convenient. As the patient gets their first set of Invisalign, they’ll only have to get them changed once in two weeks. Patients are requested to have their aligners on for 20-22 hours in a day. While during the remaining hours, patients can have them removed while brushing, flossing, or eating.